Having tried many recipes over the years in making pizza dough, here we have what is in our opinion the best pizza dough recipe you can make without getting to complicated. The recipe is easy to follow, contains ingredients you can find in pretty much any store and gives a great tasting pizza every time. There is enough dough here to make 4 small pizzas, so 7-9" depending upon how thick you like your base, or 2 large pizzas 12" upwards.
Watch in amazement at the expression on the faces of your friends or guests when they try a slice of your pizza. They will realise what a pizza should really taste like and something out of the freezer is just pale in comparison.
This dough will work in any conventional oven, works perfectly in any specialist Pizza Oven, on any pizza stone for your BBQ and cooks in just 3 minutes when you use the amazing Firebox BBQ Pizza Oven, which we think is the best BBQ Accessory you can buy.
|161g Plain White Flour|
|161g "00" Grade White Flour|
|1x Tbsp. Olive Oil (not Extra Virgin)|
|Pinch of Sea Salt|
|1x 7g Pack of Fast Acting Yeast|
|200g Warm Water|
- Pour both sets of flour into a large bowl.
- Add a pinch of sea salt, make a well in the centre of the flour and add the olive oil, yeast and all of the water into the bowl.
- Bind the contents together with a spoon and form into a ball ensuring all of the ingredients are mixed together.
- Flour a work surface and place the dough ball and then kneed for 2 minutes ensuring all of the mixture is worked and turned.
- Place back in the bowl and cover with Clingfilm and allow to stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Remove Clingfilm and, on a floured work surface, kneed the dough again for around 2-3 minutes. Then place back in the bowl and rest for approx. 1 hour.
- Remove dough from the bowl, cut into sizes (either 4 small pizzas or 2 large ones), on a floured work surface roll with a rolling pin to the desired shape and thickness and then decorate with the toppings of your choice.
- Place pizza inside a Firebox BBQ Pizza Oven for 3 minutes, on a pizza stone on your BBQ for approx. 10 minutes or in a conventional oven at 180 degrees C or Gas Mark 4 for 12-14 minutes approx. until the topping is melted and bubbling.
If you would like to download a copy of this Recipe so you can print it out then just click